08 December 2007

Discount Tire For The Win

So, if you've ever read my blog, you will know that I am disgusted with the current trends in customer service. I have to say that just about anyone that has shopped or gone out to eat or taken a taxi (don't get me started on those thieves) knows that customer service is dead for almost every industry ... except the tire industry.

I'm not sure why, but I always end up having the best service ever when I buy tires. Tires, of all things. Not when I bought my car (car salesmen are liars AND thieves) and spent almost $30k, not when I bought my house, not when I bought a large TV, it is when I buy tires, and I just don't get it.

Or perhaps every other industry doesn't get it, and should pick up some cues from these guys. I buy all my tires at Discount Tire (America's Tire in CA). I have never been mistreated, never been ripped off, in fact, I'm often able to swing a better deal just by talking to the guy. They also match prices and fix my flats for free.

If you have a problem with a tire, regardless if it is your fault for driving 10 miles on it after it had gone flat (I may or may not have been in this situation) they will work with you to get it fixed. They will pro-rate a tire based on its remaining usable life and will not charge you full price on the new one. At least in my experience.

Return customers is their main focus, and rightfully so. Customer retention is the best business model, and since they are selling a wear item, it makes good sense. All other businesses take note, Discount Tire has it figured out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - these tire guys should hire you for a marketing campaign!!